Thursday, December 10, 2009

Service Learning in Regards to Career Goals

To be frank I really had to ponder awhile about how my service learning experience could impact my future career goals and ambitions. After giving it much thought I realized that community organization can go together hand in hand with what I'm doing now, public health nursing. Through public outreach I feel that in future endeavors I will be able to gain knowledge of community resources which will allow me to pass the information on to my clients who often times depend on such resources just to get by. This type of effort may also help on a more personal note as well.........gaining more self confidence and improving assertive communication which is an essential skill for any profession regardless of his or her occupation.

No comments:

Post a Comment